Verification Of Competency (VOC)
Verification of Competency (VOC)
What is Verification of Competency (VOC)?
New national WHS Act 2012, requires employers conduct due diligence and provides them with an obligation to ensure an individual has “current competency”.
Assessing for Verification of Competency, enables organisations to confirm that their employees are competent in their skills and using equipment. It is commonly used in many industries for pre-employment checks, contractual arrangements or site requirements.
Face-to-Face training will be conducted At Ironbark Training facilities. Specifically
These assessment is delivered as a 1 day course with pre course online learning. Learners with low LLN may complete additional training days prior to assessment. Additional fees apply for additional training and should be discussed with Ironbark Training to determine the most cost effective option.
VOC Course Listings:
- Articulated Haul Truck
- Skid Steer
Pre-requisites and Licensing / Regulatory Information
- Current licence or relevant unit of competency
- Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Age depended on course (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide two forms of identification
- Student must provide evidence of experience within the last two years including employer letters, logbooks, run sheets, timesheets, and invoices.
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection – Hat, long sleeved shirt and pants are also recommended
Resources To Be Provided by Student
Delivery Mode: Face to Face
Contact us: If you require additional information in regards to these units. Reach out to our friendly staff on 02 6921 9184