WHITECARD – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry – Camp 6
About This Course
CPCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
Current – Release 2
- Camp 6
This program is delivered as a 1 day course with pre-course study.
This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
This unit meets the general construction induction training requirements of:
- Part 1.1 Definitions and Part 6.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations;
- Division 11 of Part 3 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 for Western Australia; and
- Division 3 of Part 5.1 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 for Victoria.
It is expected that site-specific induction training will be conducted prior to conducting construction work.
This unit requires a person to:
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Identify incident and emergency response procedures
Pre-requisites and Licensing / Regulatory Information
There are no pre-requisites for this unit of competency.
However, students must be able to complete all training and assessment materials in accordance with the instructions and assessment requirements for that instrument. In particular, learners must have sufficient English language to complete the assessment without the use of an interpreter, assistant or any reference materials. Unless specified in learning materials.
Resources To Be Provided by Student
Delivery Mode: Face to Face
Cost: Contact office for more information